Saturday, August 23, 2008

the insight war

it's weekend. i hate to spend my time rambling on unnecessary matters.
i will rather to sit through my Mitch Albom's For One More Day..
but i have to do justice to those in my field- drugs..
(plus i just read a disturbing entry from a medical student saying how great is doc and so so)

first, the formal attire.
all through my 4years course, our head of the school often EMPHASIZED (a.k.a forced) us to wear formal. formal formal. and formal. *yawnぐぅぐぅぐぅぐぅ

i always believe in university students life as a space for breaking rules, enjoying to the last, have fun (note: REGARDLESS of whatever course you are in, yes even if u are in so said oh-prestigious medical course *roll eyes*)

hence, all through 4 years, we had lecturers standby daggers on our back all the time...

which afterwards, they gave up lo and let us be
95% of my mates break rules, the 5% dressed so, not because bounded by rules but because of their nerd natureにゃーにゃー..

ヒマワリi am a person deeply inspired by ruggart-beggar-alike-yet-smartest-ass doctors on dramas/movies.ヒマワリ
to note some examples, Meg Ryan in City of Angels (i don't know about u but the part where she cycled rushing to the hospital and music-blasting operation room are so DROP DEAD cool)
i did consider becoming a doc purely due to that less-than-5min sceneべーっだ!

sometimes you dont really need to dress up typically FORMALLY to show that u have the brainぶーぶーぶーぶー. however i have to agree on the part "dressing to give better first impression"

hopefully the impression that follows after first will be as good too..

second, i quoted from this medical student

joining a medical school becoming a doctor is like joining an exclusive club.( This is my feeling) All the Profs, Docs, Lecturers all said the same thing: we are different. we etc etc etc.... I wonder do other courses said the same thing?
"exclusive club?!?" whoa..to have the nerveビックリマークビックリマーク
u think this is rich tai tai's club, golfer's club, or Hermes Prada Salvatore Ferragamo club?!?
and "we are different?!" wahh, how different??(don't wanna address her as doctors as i will prolly accidentally drag those really nice nice doc out there) . you have extra supernatural gift to make the dead alive and magic hand to cure leprosy? or your shyt smells better than us, the not-so-different ones? so that indirectly puts u in the "high society"??

キラキラnah!!! #@%%$キラキラ



fyi, the doctors i knew are all the coolest among cool..and no, they DO NOT like to be different for they will not be able to reach out, and no, they DO NOT like to belong in exclusive clubs for they like to blend in with the "commoners" like us, Your Highness..

and no, my course never said the same thing, i am sure nor does nurses or as a matter of fact, other courses. our lecturers just taught us on the best way to help the society even to the extend of stooping to the lowest to TRY and reach all (poor/rich)...NOT teaching us to PRETEND and ACT like "we are different"



it is NOT a big deal if you are a doctor. it is a big deal if at the end of the day, a patient walks out alive and healthy from your service, smiling with gratitude and brags about how great u are around the town. 音譜that is satisfactionチョキ

p/s: the above post do not necessary meant all the doc out there. but to those who thinks being medical students itself is the world..
p/p/s: by writing my mind here, does not mean that i can be a better druggist. i dont want to be the perfect one either. i just want a satisfaction from my job. i believe in equality whether u are a health professional, or an engineer, or just a simple office boy to even garbage collector..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose, when I was in college, I prefer to wear casual instead of formal...and a lot of people are like me too. I agree with you, not all doctors are any different from us too.

Pete said...

I used to wear tattered jean but my mom sew up all the holes when I went back hometown during semester break! LOL

Roses said...

dear cleff
students are associated w casual. period.
doctors are the same as that accountants who at the end of days fix company's profile..just that doctors' deal with lives..

dear pete
hahaha...my mom taught me how to wear torn jeans even before the fashion was in..and she bought me my first EVER ruggart torn jeans..
my mom....

fufu said...

guess what? i prefer formal wear but my job only allows me to wear casual one... sigh...anyway so far i love my job :) its been a while since you left singapore ya...next post will be your turn i guess =) all the best my friend.... good luck

Roses said...

dear fufu
personal preference though. i dont like to be bounded by formal.

been a while. and i miss singapore already. u had been a great company.
if time allows, i'll definitely go Sg again.. =)

Calvin Soo KJ said...

the pursuit of happiness....sigh. i was never in any college or uni cause my mom cannot afford it.

as for me, i have to wear formal, with neck tie..*chokechoke* and long sleeves *hothot* to meet my customers. those sick and sarcastic bastard customers will stare at you from top to bottom and some sick aunties would even look you in the crotch...hahaha. but in reality, in the biz world, ppl judge you by the way you look, your clothes you wear, how you walk, how you eat, how you sneeze and even how you fart...(i made up the last one). this is reality...and it sux, major.