Sunday, August 3, 2008

People

She who meant so much to me. the way she grasps my hand the moment she off work. never to let go, holding my hand as if i was still that innocent little gal who used to sit naked on her laps.

she holds my hand when crossing busy roads.
she offers to get the meat off the crab, worry that i might get choke off.
giving me directions from time to time when i was sight-seeing around the city, afraid that i might get lost and end up in Johor Bahru.

She had tonnes of ice-creams, 100plus, all my other fav stand-by in her fridge days before.
She is the only one who laughed me silly yet still supply RM10 ice-cream imported from Germany every morning for my breakfast and holds my hand despite weird stares from passer-by. (please la, who licks ice-cream at 8am in the morning)
She is the only one who can get me to stuff durians+rambutan+fish head hotpot+ rice+ ramen regretless and shameless down my throat at 12am in one night. (now, that is how my extra 2kg came from)

i could sense her loneliness.

there is nothing worst in life to know that u cant do anything at all for someone who holds so dear. feeling helpless never seems so bad before.

the day i left, the moment i saw her back walking away from me, i cried. my weakness is the back view of a person.
i am definitely coming back for her~
i swore the immigration officer saw my puffy blood-shot eyes. cause she patted my hand.

x

i knew him through blog-hopping. and he is the last person that i expect to hang out with during my stay. seriously. why would he bother to meet up? we only knew each other for less than a week. he has his life too. anyway, cut the crap. we met up finally.
the first time i met him, i was 5-10 min late. sweaty, smelly, dragging my tired feet, smeared mascara or was it the black eye-bags. Anyway, i am pretty sure i left bad first impression.

based on his description in text, "i'm wearing green+black specs+exit 4+burger king"..i was chanting, okay, green shirt green green black specs, all the way up to the exit. i saw Burger King and there he was, squatting and reading newspaper.

i somehow knew right then he is nice. and no, fyi, i dont judge by the cover. most of my books had bad covers yet they provide the best read around :)

he called me "Roses" so that, i gotta set right. my name is Rose.
(yeah, that bud with red petals which u guys, love to give up to ur gals as an appreciation of love. need i say more, for crying out loud)

the life that he had been through sounds impossible to me before.
like how a young child would look up to elder sibling, i asked him thousand and one questions. traveling and back-packing etc
basically, there were alot of first time for me when i was w him.

i had my joss-sticks burnt, fortune/fate read, first ever mango desserts, and of course, first ever person that i knew through cyber that meet up. it was everything that i had.
he took everything seriously even blogging. he gives a damn about what his readers think of his entries. i think he might be the next KennySia
i enjoyed his companionship so much so that we met up again on the second day.

we separated when i got on the bus home to my aunt's.
he will be starting off with his official job next monday, tomorrow la duh~~
give him lotsa love, shower him with lucks. :)

i never wanted to see his back before leaving, i know i will cry if i had done so

x

I tried my best to meet up with PohAngPeng. The girl who taught me so much from being a timid Mandarin-speaking girl to who am I right now (before, i only dare to speak mandarin, after meeting her, there were few occasions people thought I am pure banana--a Chinese who can only speak English).
We only knew each other for 2years back in Brunei around 1997. We shared too much it wouldn't do our friendship justice if I had to pen everything down here.
I left Brunei crying and I truly believe true friendship will and do surpass everything.

We didn’t meet up though. Manage to grab her over the line. The excitement of hearing her voice after decades, I was totally speechless. Somehow, I left Singapore with thousands endless possibilities of doing fun stuff with her.
Islands. MOS burgers. Talking about boys. Gossiping about our bosses. etc~damn it, i gotta list it down


recent pic courtesy of her FB. if i had judge her by cover, i would prolly think she is snobby b*tch. yet, she turns out purrfectly nice. I love our friendship.

p/s: there will be another post on random people i met there. this post is for the major characters.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

SoBs, rose...your post is so touching. I hate it when i read about people's mom....not becoz i don't like it, but it's because this sort of things makes my eyes go teary. It makes me think about my mom too.

Ahahah... the guy in the picture. He's ahfu, right? Nice guy, i must say, really care about what people think about his blog. One who really take constructive criticism seriously. I like his style. His blog is definitely been list up in my personal favourite blog around.

Next kenny sia? No way, AhFu is better than kenny sia...looks more macho, speaks japanese, really friendly and gives people the 'feel good feeling'.

Roses said...

btw, she is not my mom. she is my aunt. but she sat one seat lower than mom in my heart.. ;)

he is not ahfu. he is FuFu..hehehe..
yeah, he is cooler than i thought, not as in physical-wise, but overall.more macho?!? ermm..but he is gentleman and his essence of gentleman is pure LOVE okay...

he is better than kennysia, u HAVE to let him know this. u REALLY MUST...
he will be way above the cloud and THAT, my friend, will give him much much much more supports and loves..

Anonymous said...

=.= your aunt? i thought it's your mom...haha...but the post is very touching. i must be too sleepy to figure out last night when i read your post. must have missed it. touching post, it reminds me of my mother.

Eh, of course he's better than Kenny sia... i can't seem to see why kenny sia have so many fans or why so many girls lining up just to have a cuppa tea with him...i really dono why i can't seem to genuinely like kenny sia. But i really like Ahfu's post and how he put things together even during my first visit. :-P

Roses said...

Dear Cleff:
well, she is close like how my mom is closed with me. so it's alright on that bit. i am glad that my entry reminds u of ur mom. bet she must be a sweet person too.

about FUFU, i am not sure about kenny sia, i havent meet-up w him in reality. but i know one thing for sure, i gotta hang out with FUFU before he gets EVEN MORE POPULAR. T_T
i got no comment on kennysia's part. cause i dont consider myself as those gals who line up 4 him or against him that much. i am neutral

Pete said...

Got ur link from Cleff comment column. Very touching post.....
The guy looks very familiar, AhFu, a very nice guy. His blog is good.

Roses said...

yeah, he is FuFU.
am i gaining something here just because i put up FuFu's photo...darn..hehehehe..
anyway, reality: FuFU is as sweet as when he is on cyber.

i suppose females are better off with details, hence my post on my aunt. u are a parent and once a child. now u will get to see from both side.

fpptl said...

aiyo y didn't bring me?

=P

Roses said...

Dear T2yy 0:
if i had u with me, no boys will look at me...hahaha..i am a jealous shyt~~

hey, if u are over here for posting, we can hang out in Singapore or some remote islands too...i'll b glad to do so

Mei-Wah said...

oh, that FuFu!!! i read his blog before and i went "wah, he went to so many places!!!"... rupa-rupanya THAT fufu! :)

when u wanna go spore again? this time i wanna tebalkan my muka and follow you! i miss spore~

Roses said...

Dear Juan
yeah...definitely THAT ONE AND ONLY fufu..i hope he doesnt charge me since i am getting bits of publicity here coz i post his photos.

i guess i will go frequently now that i wanna be with aunt n accompany her.
Why do u need to tebalkan muka to step into Singapore?!?! dont get it
i already miss singapore and it's not even 1week yet..

fufu said...

i dont think that i could be second kennysia!! i am just who i am; fufu!! i have my own style =p nice meeting you ya =) you are lucky as i am attached with my new company and only free on sunday~

Roses said...

Dear FuFu,
u know what i meant. second kennysia as in famous as kennysia.no pun intended. =)
okay. then i am the luckiest around~~
if only u are free on sunday, i wouldnt have drag u out. it's the only resting day for u, i am not that cruel~~ ;)